Friday, June 17, 2011

Been a while

It's weird.
I don't ever post here, I guess I just write and write and write and never blog blog blog. e-blog has the same letters as globe, sweet. I guess I'll just type of some of the songs I've been writing?
keep in mind these are LYRICS, not POEMS sooooooo they're a little out of context.
QUICK UPDATE on my life:
I finally graduated my undergraduate with a BS in Sound Recording Technology/Music and a minor in Mathematics. YES, finally. Now I no longer always have homework eating at my insides. Fortunately, I got a full-time job at the place I was interning for a while, Telefunken Elektroakustic. I make microphones ^-^, www.t-funk.com . This job is everything I could have asked for. Using my brains, using my hands, being inspired by great music and people every day. I could go into so many details on why I love this job but it's perfect. I work from 830-5 every weekday and the commute is 40 miles each way. PRO: I get to keep living in a house with my friends with a studio and freedom to kingdom come. CON: ehh nothing really. PRO: Dream job. CON: .... still nothing. Hahaha, I'm having a good time.
I'll leave you with lyrics to about 3 songs/potential songs.
:D

"Space and Objects"

We're all catching objects
in through our periphery
We're all waking up to different lives
Sometimes objects take us
in and out of misery
Either way I need the space even if it makes me scared

were all understanding
the best of our ability
taking off and landing

hold my arm through progress
shut me up  when I'm hopeless
say to me thankfully
you woke up from your sleep

find a line that you can walk across
to your next designation
take the time don't think that its lost
afford procrastination
force yourself to walk across the line
increased respiration
find your body moving on it's own

hold my arm through progress
shut me up  when I'm hopeless
say to me, thankfully
you finally woke up from your sleep

for the last six weeks
it's been difficult
but I'm still here
it will take some time to walk
through this space, these objects
abused.

TBD

There's an error on the line, I think i figured it out
it's years of overcoming some irrational doubt
the silence in the morning gives me glimpses of hope
SO I'll stay there, if you'll let me

theres a million different ways I've built a world for myself
and a billion different risk taking I've made for health
but it stays light, as I go out

I'd be lying if I say I didn't hate it that much
so I bide my time and tell my fearful brain to hush
every time i turn my shoulder I'm in less of a rush
so it stays light, as I go out


for the last time
I'm thinking this over to myself
like the last time
drop my sorrow and move on to something else

I'm finding different meaning in the novels I wrote
collective imitations of real anecdotes
I find me in the ocean looking up at my boat
and it's capsized, it's capsized

what a dire situation, such a terrible mode
come over tribulations and then learn to float
find this way of living and you don't need a code
it will stay light, when you go out

if I let a little light in I'm aware of the truth
you can find yourself enjoying everything that you do
the apathetic notion really starts to fade when you see it, you'll see it

for the last time
I'm thinking this over to myself
like the last time
drop my sorrow and move on to something else

there's an error on the line i think you'll figure it out
and replace the years of seemingly irrational doubt
suffering and sorrow's not what life's about
not forever

filled with terror push your mind to the original state
when you didn't have to worry, and you can create
the most glorious imperfection that you might underrate
you find a light inside of your hands, feet, and face


"Thunderstorm"
it's not time we left but merely time we moved on, it's only one of us that feels this way
and I know it seems so crazy for you to take this but listen up I've barely even spoke 

fall all day
sink all night
break this pattern with me, I'll try
yes i think i'll give it one more time

its not the things we find but space around them, that draws us closer to ourselves
you might ask, whats the point if we don't get somewhere? when you don't know the place you wanna be
so spend your time in isolation and keep on thinking you're the different one
till you see the sky's the answer,  accepting it and willingly move on

fall all day
sink all night
pattern broken, there's no try
all it took for me was one more time

I'm so done with compulsive thinking, the chains that keep me tethered to my form
all this time I swore they're out to get me, when really, I caused this thunderstorm
i've learned to be
the clarity that comes after










No comments:

Post a Comment